Monday, March 26, 2012

what's for dinner? - philly cheese sandwiches


these are one of my favorite things to make. 
  1. because they are absolutely delish
  2. super easy to make!



a couple months ago I bought the best thing to ever happen to me...


microwaved hamburger?? YES! I will never go back to cooking meat in a skillet again.
 Anyways back to the recipe. 

Cook the meat (you can use hamburger, or last night I used pork) you can even put the meat in the cooker right out of the freezer, no need for water. microwave for 4 minutes. take it out and chop. 
put it back in the microwave for another 4 minutes. 
next drop in 3 cubes of beef broth and green peppers and chop it up some more, pop it in for another 4 minutes. 
it should be completely cooked through now!
 I like to use Oroweat onion buns for this recipe. 
pull off some of the bread on the bottom bun so the meat can sit in it. 
top it with a slice of provolone cheese. 
cook 350 degrees for 5 minutes, cook the top bun also.
 serve with southwest sauce, or my boyfriend ate his with taco sauce! 

bon apetit

No comments:

Post a Comment