Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hello, I would like to first say that I hope you weren't expecting DIY things! Oops. (slacker) I have however had a very exciting week(end) First, I was very excited to see a balloon out early last week. The town I live in is very big on balloons, they are a big to do every year. When I was a kid they used to take off in our yard and so it has a corner place in my heart. 

Later last week my co-worker made us all ankle bracelets. Which was perfect because I was in the market for some more. On my right ankle I have had the same ankle bracelet on 2+ years. It does not come off. So, I'm happy to have another one. 

In the same week I had a work visitor, my nephew. He is my little buddy <3

Last Friday I got to see the newest addition to the family. My youngest nephew Dalton. His big sister loves him, until the toy stealing happens.

My best gal and I finally got to make it golfing for the first time this year with our friend Michael. We have a plan to go every other weekend! Hope we can stick with it.

Mother's Day was a blast. Every holiday my family gets together, plus some! We are a close knit family. Our grandmommy and great uncles came to hang out as well. The kids blew bubbles, watched Oliver and Company, and played Buzz & Woody. It was the most adorable thing to watch. When I watched the movie with them some of the songs came back to me. When I started singing my niece said "don't sing that song"... I apologized and stopped.

Yesterday, I finally cooked. I had been slacking for awhile because we have been so busy. My dad gave us some wild turkey that had been marinating in italian dressing. So I covered them in breadcrumbs and fried them up! I also made cheese fries. 



 This is what you need to make them. If it takes you more than 30 seconds to figure out how to cut potatoes into fries, you are not alone. 
  • Potatoes, green onion, jalapenos, salt and pepper, oil, cumin, garlic, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, cheese, and bacon. 
  • After you cut the fries throw them into a bowl. 
  • Mix in a tsp of all the seasonings and oil
  • Place on cookie sheet with sprayed foil and bake 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
  • After they are to your liking. Top with (I used 3 slices of) cooked bacon
  • And as much cheese, japs, and onions as you like
They turned out delish. We ate all of it, and by we I mean ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment