Wednesday, April 11, 2012

treats, smarts, and meatballs

Easter Sunday was a fabulous day.


I started my day with wii fit and making treats!

I  filled them with popcorn, chocolate covered peanuts and pretzels, and jelly beans. I got treats for the kids too. The girls got candy necklaces and the boys egg shaped sports balls! 

We got full from all the goodies and then went out for an Easter egg hunt!
(I wish I could still join)



Book Review:

I started reading this book a few weeks ago and I cannot put it down. I randomly decided to read it after seeing it on New York's Best Sellers List. I read the synopsis of the book and thought "Ok" little did I know it would turn into a dirty/whips and chains/sex book. I still can't stop reading it. The best part is that there are 3 of them! So far, so good. 




What's for dinner? - Meatballs


I do not have a picture of them completely finished because I was busy stuffing my face.


How to make it: 
1 1/2 of ground turkey
carrots
celery 1/2 c dried breadcumbs
1/4 c egg beaters(I used the egg white kind)
salt & pepper
garlic
1/4 tsp chili powder

Chop

saute veggies and add garlic

(I also spread it out so it filled the entire skillet and just placed my meatball rolls right on top of the veggies)

In a bowl combine turkey, breadcrumbs, egg beaters, salt & pepper, and chili powder

cook the outsides until they are brown. I mixed in some red sauce as they cooked in the skillet and in the oven. Bake them 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until the turkey inside is nice and white! You can eat them on a hoagie bread or just eat them. 

Serve with salad.


Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment