Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fail: Sponge Nails

Ok, girls, we have to talk. I'm sure you've heard or seen pictures of "sponge nails" or  "ombre nails" In case you haven't. I love the idea of it. Well, I went ahead and tried it...

I picked out my colors and applied my nail hardener. 
(Sally Hansen: 160 Hard- Core Party, Maybelline Color Show: 410 Impeccable Greys)

I applied my colors on the sponge...


Then, it failed. Horribly... 

 I am really disappointed that this did not work. I don't know how they do it, but it did not work for me. Here are some reasons why it didn't work. 

  1. First, it's a sponge it's going to absorb liquid quickly. I couldn't keep up with applying. 
  2. You need to add a lot of polish to the sponge in order to really see the color. I cherish my nail polish and don't want to waist it. 
  3. It is very messy.. enough said. 
All in all, I would say this does not work for me. Have you successfully done this before? If so please comment below and tell us how you did it! Good luck.

xojacki