Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lip Scrub

Winter is almost over (wishful thinking) and to keep your lips from chapping I have found a few DIYs to keep them feeling soft. I go through chapstick like, geezo. But sometimes you just need a little sumthin' more. I tried a few different lip scrubs and here are my reviews. The best thing about these ingredients, is that you can find these in your cupboard. 

First scrub
    1/2 tsp brown sugar
    1/2 tsp honey
    1/2 tsp olive oil
    Mix these all together, let them sit on your lips for a minute, then scrub your lips with your finger.
    REVIEW: Although it tasted yummy, it didn't do anything for me. I couldn't really feel the difference.
 

Second scrub
    1/2 tsp sea salt
    1/2 tsp coconut oil
    Mix these two together and apply it do your lips and scrub.
    REVIEW: I may be a little biased about this one because I LOVE coconut oil. I always use it on my hair. With that being said, it was definitely the best out of the two. I could really feel that my lips were smoother. The only downside is that is does not taste well. Icky sea salt
I didn't want to go out and buy more sea salt so I kinda made a salt mess with the grinder.


Be sure to apply your chapstick afterwards and your lipstick will just glide on your lips. 

MUAH! xoJacki

No comments:

Post a Comment